2017 was quite a busy year that was filled with travel. That’s why I booked a staycation for my husband and myself for Christmas, so we could lay back and relax. I chose to spend the nights in The Driskill, a beautiful landmark located in downtown Austin. Not only do I love the aesthetic of their interior design, but the hotel is close to so many great restaurants and bars and an iconic movie theater.
If you stay at The Driskill, here are a few things to do:
- Watch a movie at the Alamo Draft House (on 6th street), a famous Austin-originated cinema chain that’s known for its strict etiquette and a comfortable environment where you can order wine and pizza from your seat.
- Stop by Cafe Medici for coffee.
- Enjoy some of the best margaritas around and have a hearty dinner at Gloria’s Latin Cuisine.
- Experience proper Texas BBQ at Cooper’s Old Time Pit. Everything is tasty but you have to try the brisket.
- Have a drink at Midnight Cowboy, a hidden lounge with fantastic cocktails. Reservation is required.
All of these places are accessible by foot and you’ll have a fun experience full of Austin vibes.